Technica LLC Business Manager in Fort Wainwright, Alaska
Fort Wainwright, AK
Technica is seeking hard-working, ambitious individuals to join our team. For nearly 15 years, Technica has provided services to military, government and commercial customers. If you meet the qualifications of the position below, we look forward to receiving your application.
Technica is accepting applications for the position of Business Manager. The position is located at Fort Wainwright, Alaska.
The Business Manager position reports to the Project Manager (PM). This position is responsible for the Operations/PMO, Contracts, and Finance functions on the program. The specific activities associated with each function are described in greater detail below.
Operations – To support operations at the PMO level for this geographically separated program (FWAK, FGAK, and JBER), oversees goods and/or provision of services. Ensures the organization is providing efficient service that meets the expectations and needs of customers and clients. Has a broad role, and the specific responsibilities will vary based on the Project Manager’s guidance, but generally it includes monitoring and analyzing the current system of production or provision to check for effectiveness and working out a strategy for improving, if necessary. Will manage day-to-day activities with staff, analyzing statistics and reading and writing reports. Will provide liaising with supervisors and presenting findings to PM and higher management as well as training and measuring staff performance.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
• Perform reporting requirements, in accordance with PMs Guidance. This includes monthly performance reporting, inventory reports, weekly reports, TDY trip reports, inspection/timesheet reports, property reports, and any others relevant to the performance of this contract
• Perform functions relating to program planning, funds control, data collection and analysis, and control techniques
• Oversee all management, scheduling (Surge/Emergency Operations and Overtime, rescheduling work, and regular work schedules), and contract requirement aspects
• Performs employee discipline counseling, employee performance reviews, and other personnel reporting
• Reviews and approves timesheets
• Ensures all employees observe policy, procedures and regulatory guidance for explosive safety and physical security, and monitors for compliance
• Make multiple site visit trips throughout project duration and document the inspection results and provide to Technica’s PM
Contracts- Review contract documents and modifications, make recommendations to the PM and Corporate staff, maintain contract compliance with company policy, Government law, and installation regulations, ensure proper tracking and status reporting.
Finance - Maintains journals or subsidiary ledgers of an accounting system and balances and reconciles accounts. Typical duties include one or both of the following:
• Reviewing invoices and statements verifying information, ensuring sufficient funds have been obligated, and if questionable, resolving with the submitting unit determining accounts involved. The review will include coding transactions, and processing material through data processing for application in the accounting system.
• Analysis and reconciliation of computer printouts with operating unit reports (contacting units, researching causes of discrepancies, and taking action to ensure that accounts balance).
• Provide recommendations to the PM for handling unusual or non-recurring transactions. Conformance with requirements and technical soundness of completed work are reviewed by the PM, or are controlled by mechanisms built into the accounting processes.
Education: AA degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: At least 5 years in supervisory or management position, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in operations, or 3 years’ experience in contracts, or 3 years’ experience in Finance/Accounting.
Technica is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Technica recognizes the value of diversity in our workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity. Technica provides fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, sexual preference, partnership status, gender identity, disability, genetic information, and protected veteran status, status of participation in the U.S. Armed Services, or other status protected by federal, state or local law. Technica hires and promotes individuals solely based on their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Technica reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and employees. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Technica encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and members or veterans of the U.S. Armed Services to apply.
Technica offers health, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance benefits, and 401(k) options to all full-time employees.
This job description is subject to change at any time.