AECOM Supervisor in Eielson AFB, Alaska
Business Line Government
Position Title Supervisor
United States of America - Alaska
AECOM is seeking to hire a qualified Site Supervisor 2 in support of our Eielson AFB, AK maintenance operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(1) Collaborates with the Group, Functional Commander and other program managers to plan, develop and implement numerous long term plans, (metrics, mission, goals, values, objectives, etc.) for F-16 Block 30 aircraft Organizational level (O-level) maintenance assigned to the 354th Fighter Wing (354 FW) to support flying operations for the 354th Operations Group’s (354 OG) mission at Eielson Air Force Base (EAFB), Alaska.
(2) Through subordinate functional supervisors, directs and supervises staff and production functions affecting very complex high performance aircraft with a wide variety of high cost, sophisticated systems. Directs a group work force ranging from 1669 to 193 skilled technicians and supporting personnel, including a variety of staff, administrative requirements. Determines goals and objectives for the Aircraft Maintenance Unit. Reviews, accepts, amends or rejects work which has been accomplished by subordinate supervisors and organizations. Gives advice, counsel, and instructions to supervisors and subordinate employees on both general policy and administrative matters. Consults with subordinate supervisors and training specialists on training needs. Provides for employee development and training to ensure all assigned personnel and organizational entities are fully capable of performing their assigned tasking. Makes decisions on work problems presented by subordinate supervisors. Establishes and develops performance standards. Evaluates subordinate supervisors and reviews evaluations made by subordinate supervisors. Makes and approves selections for subordinate positions. Hears and resolves grievances and serious employee complaints. Reviews disciplinary cases and problems involving subordinate employees and determines required action. Ensures efficient position management is practiced and subordinate position descriptions are accurate. Approves/disapproves time away/off. Supports equal employment opportunity and labor management relations programs. Administers and participates in an effective labor relations program in compliance with regulatory and statutory guidance. Meets with and discusses issues with local and national labor organization representatives as well as representatives.
(3) Plans, organizes, schedules, controls, and directs all unit aircraft maintenance resources to meet mission requirements, safety, and quality requirements associated with Performance Work Statement.. Directs programs to ensure mission accomplishment and the optimum use of resources. In conjunction with the Director of Operations and Operations Commander, directs the effective use of flying hours and training events to ensure the Unit can meet all mission requirements of the aviation element. Through subordinate supervisors, manages aircraft maintenance activities. Ensures resources such as facilities, manpower, equipment, communications, technical data, tools, and parts are adequate to meet contract objectives.
(4) Plans, schedules, controls and directs the use of all resources to assure timely, effective and complete support of mission requirements. Ensures all aircraft maintenance work meets the highest standards of airworthiness, and that attention is focused on meeting all contract objectives, safety and quality.
(5) Provides optimum support to subordinate organizations in asset acquisition, distribution and accountability, fiscal planning and programming, funds distribution and management, economic analysis assistance, budget administration, material management, and related activities.
(6) Coordinates with the operations and maintenance groups to ensure an integrated approach to the solution of problems relating to availability of A/C, and the ability to conduct the military mission. Assesses the impact of the flying schedule and schedule changes program to ensure that aircraft requirements and configurations can be met. Confers with applicable base support functions to ensure that group needs and requirements are being satisfied. Ensures the reprogramming of resources required to meet program requirements. Identifies aircraft failure trends to part level, develops, and issues unit one time inspection guidance when warranted. Chairs meetings to coordinate and schedule work to be accomplished by various technicians from a variety of trades that must work as a team to accomplish tasks and goals.
(7) Participates in decision making impacting aircraft availability, configuration, and capability. Manages and dispatches Maintenance Recovery Teams (MRT) all over the world to recover disabled aircraft.
(8) Maintains surveillance and ensures effective operation of the maintenance program. Makes periodic and comprehensive assessment of program through a review of performance indicators, productivity goals and accomplishments, deficiency reports, audit findings, etc. Identifies existing or potential productivity problems and discusses with subordinate supervisors. Ensures that corrective actions or improvement plans are implemented to resolve problems. Validates maintenance program methods, procedures and policies to ensure that the subordinate supervisors have the flexibility needed to meet the program goals and objectives. Evaluates, through a trends analysis program, the activities of the aircraft maintenance programs to ensure resolution of problems, and that self inspection requirements are in accordance with established policies and prescribed directives..
(9) Identifies the need for facility/equipment modernization, improvements, and/or replacements to the COR office. Manages the development of unit training goals and long range training plans. Assures training sustains work force qualifications and capabilities.
(10) Manages a resource protection program, which includes physical security, information security, and industrial and occupational safety and health. Exercises continuing responsibility for safety conditions, procedures, and work practices employed within the contract workforce. Provides work force guidance on safety matters and ensures safe work practices are utilized. Ensures that periodic inspections of work centers are performed and immediate action is taken to correct unsafe conditions. Oversees programs such as self inspection evaluations and the engine foreign object disposal (FOD) program. Establishes guidelines and initiatives for the prevention and handling of hazardous materials. Assesses program goals ensuring compliance with Defense Environmental Quality Program Policies, and associated state, and national laws.
To be considered candidates must apply online at www.aecom.com For further information call James D. Johnson at 678-489-3796
Bachelor's degree or equivalent training/experience; ten (10) years of diverse management experience; and excellent communication, analytical, project management and supervisory skills.
Desktop computer skills are essential with proficiency in full range of Microsoft Office products and should be capable of preparing management level reports and presentations.
Position may require travel.
Position requires the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle.
This position requires the ability to pass and maintain a national background clearance.
Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Must be a U.S. citizen.
Candidates with prior F-16 experience highly desired.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Maintenance
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 179298BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.